About The Aerial
The Aerial is a transformational, all-inclusive private island resort in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The Aerial serves as the meeting space for thought-leaders around the world to connect and share best practices for solving global issues. We believe that, by uniting these teams, we can accelerate positive transformation as well as provide an avenue for other change-makers to host their summits in a sacred and inspiring space.
The Aerial BVI is part of the Aerial Group, a global transformations and innovations firm. Founded in 2009 by CEO Britnie Turner, our mission is to Elevate People and Places through empowering people, sustaining the planet, and utilizing capitalism as a force for good.
The Aerial is a 45-acre island that accommodates up to 24 guests in 12 gorgeous residences and hosts several beautiful shared spaces including our infinity pool, Yoga Balance platform, BVI Stronger outdoor gym, Watersports cabana and beach lounge, Fellowship Dining Hall, spa, and island hiking trails, as well as plenty of sun-drenched nooks around the island.
We’re looking for driven and impactful rock stars who want to use their skills to be a force for good! Everything we do, from the smallest task to every guest interaction, is in service of our mission to solve world issues. By helping us provide an elevating experience for our world-changing clientele and their causes, you will be part of an incredible international movement.
Purpose of the Role:
The Head Housekeeper ensures the property is cleaned to the highest standard; they have an outstanding eye for detail and ensure that guest housekeeping requests are catered to in a timely manner.
They are responsible for the housekeeping department, management and scheduling of the team, detail and cleanliness of guest rooms and communal areas. They also control and manage cleaning stock supplies and laundry, and ensure that all guest rooms and communal areas are to the expected standards of management, especially on guest arrival days.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience working in a 5-star hospitality establishment
- Previous experience working as a Head Housekeeper or in a similar role, with minimum of 2+ years’ experience managing a hospitality-based housekeeping department and team
- Experience managing stock levels, procurement of necessary materials and use of environmentally friendly and sustainable products
- Guest liaison experience whereby guest requests are communicated to management/relevant department
- Clean driver’s license (BVI driver’s license needs to be in place by end of probation period)
- Working in a company with focus on health/wellness/nutrition a plus
- Experience working in the hospitality/restaurant environment a plus
- Experience working in a Caribbean environment a plus
We’re looking for:
- Extroverted, fun and highly motivated team players with a high degree of attention to detail
- Resourceful approach with the ability to troubleshoot when necessary and performing gracefully under pressure
- Forward-thinker with an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Confident and assertive in running a team, acting as a mentor and manager through strong instruction and coaching skills
- Organized and able to plan and manage complex logistical challenges
- Passion and pride in their work
- Able to work with and accommodate different cultures
- Socially confident, excellent communicator with professional guest service skills
- High sense of responsibility with regard to safety issues
- Passion for a healthy lifestyle and keen to learn about health and wellness