Private Island Chef
PRIVATE ISLAND CHEF
About The Aerial
The Aerial is a transformational, all-inclusive private island resort in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The Aerial serves as the meeting space for thought-leaders around the world to connect and share best practices for solving global issues. We believe that, by uniting these teams, we can accelerate positive transformation as well as provide an avenue for other change-makers to host their summits in a sacred and inspiring space.
The Aerial BVI is part of the Aerial Group, a global transformations and innovations firm. Founded in 2009 by CEO Britnie Turner, our mission is to Elevate People and Places through empowering people, sustaining the planet, and utilizing capitalism as a force for good.
The Aerial is a 45-acre island that accommodates up to 24 guests in 12 gorgeous residences and hosts several beautiful shared spaces including our infinity pool, Yoga Balance platform, BVI Stronger outdoor gym, Watersports cabana and beach lounge, Fellowship Dining Hall, spa, and island hiking trails, as well as plenty of sun-drenched nooks around the island.
We’re looking for driven and impactful rock stars who want to use their skills to be a force for good! Everything we do, from the smallest task to every guest interaction, is in service of our mission to solve world issues. By helping us provide an elevating experience for our world-changing clientele and their causes, you will be part of an incredible international movement.
Purpose of the Role:
The Private Island Chefs designs and execute The Aerial’s premier dining experience. They will be responsible for creating island-to-table menus, focusing on a healthy, sugar-free, plant based pescetarian offering and ensuring exceptional service across every aspect of the dining experience that is fun, informative and above all TASTY! They will co-manage the kitchen team, ensuring a harmonious working environment and ensure that exceptional quality is always delivered. They will also be responsible for ensuring that budgets are met both with regards to food and staffing levels and will source premium quality produce and ingredients, from the island farm & local islands wherever possible.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience working in a management position in a 5-star establishment
- Previous experience working as a Head Chef or in a similar role, with a minimum of 3+ years experience leading a kitchen team
- Knowledge and experience of menu design and production of food focused on health/wellness/nutrition required
- Ability to produce nutritious, health-focused dining essential
- Ability to work with diverse dietary requirements simultaneously (vegan, raw, gluten-free, keto, dairy-free) essential
- Experience working with local farmers and locally-sourced produced required
- Experience managing day-to-day logistics in a busy guest environment
- Clean driver’s license (BVI driver’s license needs to be in place by end of probation period)
- Experience working in a Caribbean environment a plus
- Nutritional-based qualifications a plus
We’re looking for:
- Extroverted, fun and highly motivated team players with a high degree of attention to detail
- Resourceful approach with the ability to troubleshoot when necessary and performing gracefully under pressure
- Forward-thinker with an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Confident and assertive in running a team, acting as a mentor and manager through strong instruction and coaching skills
- Organized and able to plan and manage complex logistical challenges
- Passion and pride in their work
- Able to work with and accommodate different cultures
- Socially confident, excellent communicator with professional guest service skills
- High sense of responsibility with regard to safety issues
- Passion for a healthy lifestyle and keen to learn about health and wellness