Boat Captain & Watersports Instructor
BOAT CAPTAIN & WATERSPORTS INSTRUCTOR
About The Aerial
The Aerial is a transformational, all-inclusive private island resort in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The Aerial serves as the meeting space for thought-leaders around the world to connect and share best practices for solving global issues. We believe that, by uniting these teams, we can accelerate positive transformation as well as provide an avenue for other change-makers to host their summits in a sacred and inspiring space.
The Aerial BVI is part of the Aerial Group, a global transformations and innovations firm. Founded in 2009 by CEO Britnie Turner, our mission is to Elevate People and Places through empowering people, sustaining the planet, and utilizing capitalism as a force for good.
The Aerial is a 45-acre island that accommodates up to 24 guests in 12 gorgeous residences and hosts several beautiful shared spaces including our infinity pool, Yoga Balance platform, BVI Stronger outdoor gym, Watersports cabana and beach lounge, Fellowship Dining Hall, spa, and island hiking trails, as well as plenty of sun-drenched nooks around the island.
We’re looking for driven and impactful rock stars who want to use their skills to be a force for good! Everything we do, from the smallest task to every guest interaction, is in service of our mission to solve world issues. By helping us provide an elevating experience for our world-changing clientele and their causes, you will be part of an incredible international movement.
Purpose of the Role
The Boat Captain & Watersports Instructor will be one of the primary roles that operate and maintain the island boat fleet. They will conduct and organize cleaning, maintenance and boat repairs, and support in all logs kept up to date. The Boat Captain & Watersports instructor support the Head of Watersports & Activities in the running of daily guest watersports and activities creating an epic guest experience!
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience working in a 5-star establishment or similar
- Previous experience working as a Watersports & Activities Instructor or in a similar role
- Qualifications in water and land-based activities
- Boat qualifications (minimum Power Boat Level II / STCW 95)
- First Aid qualifications required
- Clean driver’s license (BVI driver’s license needs to be in place by end of probation period)
- Personal Training Qualification or similar a plus
- Formal educational qualifications a plus
- Experience in a wellness-oriented environment a plus
- Experience working in the hospitality/restaurant environment a plus
- Experience working in the Caribbean region a plus
We’re looking for:
- Extroverted, fun and highly motivated team players with a high degree of attention to detail
- Resourceful approach with the ability to troubleshoot when necessary and performing gracefully under pressure
- Forward-thinker with an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Organized and able to plan and manage complex logistical challenges
- Passion and pride in their work
- Able to work with and accommodate different cultures
- Socially confident, excellent communicator with professional guest service skills
- High sense of responsibility with regard to safety issues
- Passion for a healthy lifestyle and keen to learn about health and wellness