About The Aerial
The Aerial is a transformational, all-inclusive private island resort in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The Aerial serves as the meeting space for thought-leaders around the world to connect and share best practices for solving global issues. We believe that, by uniting these teams, we can accelerate positive transformation as well as provide an avenue for other change-makers to host their summits in a sacred and inspiring space.
The Aerial BVI is part of the Aerial Group, a global transformations and innovations firm. Founded in 2009 by CEO Britnie Turner, our mission is to Elevate People and Places through empowering people, sustaining the planet, and utilizing capitalism as a force for good.
The Aerial is a 45-acre island that accommodates up to 24 guests in 12 gorgeous residences and hosts several beautiful shared spaces including our infinity pool, Yoga Balance platform, BVI Stronger outdoor gym, Watersports cabana and beach lounge, Fellowship Dining Hall, spa, and island hiking trails, as well as plenty of sun-drenched nooks around the island.
We’re looking for driven and impactful rock stars who want to use their skills to be a force for good! Everything we do, from the smallest task to every guest interaction, is in service of our mission to solve world issues. By helping us provide an elevating experience for our world-changing clientele and their causes, you will be part of an incredible international movement.
Purpose of the Role:
The Team Chef will be responsible for producing healthy and wholesome meals for The Aerial’s team. They will support the Private Island Chefs and Kitchen team in the preparations of guest meals as well as support with the organization & cleaning of the kitchen/stock rooms.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience working in a busy guest-oriented kitchen environment, able to work around the guest prep to provide staff meals
- Previous experience working as a Team Chef or in a similar role
- Ability to produce nutritious and health-driven meals essential
- Ability to work with diverse dietary requirements simultaneously (vegan, raw, gluten free, keto, dairy-free)
- Able to plan staff menus to ensure minimal kitchen/produce waste in line with The Aerial’s mission
- Able to assist with guest food prep when necessary
- Clean driver’s license (BVI driver’s license needs to be in place by end of probation period)
- Working in a company with focus on health/wellness/nutrition a plus
- Nutritional-based qualifications a plus
- Previous experience working in a Caribbean environment a plus
We’re looking for:
- Extroverted, fun and highly motivated team players with a high degree of attention to detail
- Resourceful approach with the ability to troubleshoot when necessary and performing gracefully under pressure
- Forward-thinker with an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Organized and able to plan and manage complex logistical challenges
- Passion and pride in their work
- Able to work with and accommodate different cultures
- Socially confident, excellent communicator with professional guest service skills
- High sense of responsibility with regard to safety issues
- Passion for a healthy lifestyle and keen to learn about health and wellness