Spa Therapist / Wellness Coordinator
About The Aerial
The Aerial is a transformational, all-inclusive private island resort in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The Aerial serves as the meeting space for thought-leaders around the world to connect and share best practices for solving global issues. We believe that, by uniting these teams, we can accelerate positive transformation as well as provide an avenue for other change-makers to host their summits in a sacred and inspiring space.
The Aerial BVI is part of the Aerial Group, a global transformations and innovations firm. Founded in 2009 by CEO Britnie Turner, our mission is to Elevate People and Places through empowering people, sustaining the planet, and utilizing capitalism as a force for good.
The Aerial is a 45-acre island that accommodates up to 24 guests in 12 gorgeous residences and hosts several beautiful shared spaces including our infinity pool, Yoga Balance platform, BVI Stronger outdoor gym, Watersports cabana and beach lounge, Fellowship Dining Hall, spa, and island hiking trails, as well as plenty of sun-drenched nooks around the island.
We’re looking for driven and impactful rock stars who want to use their skills to be a force for good! Everything we do, from the smallest task to every guest interaction, is in service of our mission to solve world issues. By helping us provide an elevating experience for our world-changing clientele and their causes, you will be part of an incredible international movement.
Purpose of the Role:
Our Wellness Coordinator will positively impact the guest experience through spa treatments, yoga and meditation classes, providing exceptional and personal experiences. They will offer bespoke wellness experiences to guests through treatments, services, and guided activities while ensuring that The Aerial’s spa and wellness areas are kept at the highest standard. The Wellness Coordinator will work with all other departments to ensure an exemplary guest experience, including but not limited to: assisting with food and beverage services, assisting with creating guest set-ups, and ensuring all activities and services are communicated to guests.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years working in a 5-star spa establishment or similar
- Previous experience working as a Wellness Coordinator or in a similar role
- Recognized professional qualifications in the spa field
- Plethora of recent hands-on spa experience
- Experience dealing with guest complaints and feedback
- Ability to build bespoke spa treatments a plus
- Knowledge of retail sales, ordering, conversing with suppliers and managing stock levels
- Incident-free driver’s license record (BVI driver’s license required by end of probation period)
- Qualifications in the wellness field (e.g. yoga, acupuncture etc.) a plus
- Personal Training Qualification or similar a plus
- Sports massage qualifications a plus
- Experience working in bar/restaurant environment a plus
- Previous experience working in the Caribbean region a plus
- Working in a company with a focus on health/wellness/nutrition a plus
We’re looking for:
- Extroverted, fun and highly motivated team players with a high degree of attention to detail
- Resourceful approach with the ability to troubleshoot when necessary and performing gracefully under pressure
- Forward-thinker with an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Organized and able to plan and manage complex logistical challenges
- Passion and pride in their work
- Able to work with and accommodate different cultures
- Socially confident, excellent communicator with professional guest service skills
- High sense of responsibility with regard to safety issues
- Passion for a healthy lifestyle and keen to learn about health and wellness